Easy to follow steps to take a screenshot in Windows
Windows have been the most promising operating system for desktop and laptops. You might be known to almost every feature of Windows OS, but there is one feature in Windows for which almost everyone gets confused, “Taking screenshot”. You can take screenshots on Windows 10 by following some simple steps, which will be discussed in this article.
The steps will allow you to take screenshots on Windows via some simple shortcuts. You can take a screenshot and save the same as an image in a folder. In Windows, you can take a screenshot of the screenshot of the entire screens with just one click. You can also save and share the screenshot to clipboard and then paste it in any chat or app.
Through this article, you will also learn a few new combinations to take screenshots in Windows.
How to screenshot on windows OS?
The steps mentioned below will tell you how to screenshot in Windows:-
- The first step is to press ‘Windows key+ Print Screen’ from the keyboard.
- Now, you have to click on the ‘Picture library’ by launching Explorer, using ‘Windows key+e’ and then click on ‘Pictures’ folder, which is visible in the left pane.
- Now, open the ‘Screenshots’ folder to find the screenshot you has taken.
- You can also press ‘Print Screen’ key and then open the location where you want to paste the image and then press ‘Ctrl+v’ to paste the screenshot.
How to screenshot of the current window?
If you want to rake a screenshot of an app or the screen on which you are working currently, then you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- In the first step, you need to click on the app for which you want to take a screenshot.
- Now press ‘alt+Print Screen’.
- After this, open the ‘MS Paint’.
- Now, press ‘ctrl+v’ to paste the screenshot.
- You can now save the screenshot anywhere you like.
How to screenshot on windows for a selected part of the screen?
To take a screenshot of a selected part on the screen, you can follow the steps mentioned below:-
- The first step is to open the ‘Snipping tool’.
- Now, click on the down arrow, which is visible next to the ‘New’ option.
- You have to select between ‘Rectangular snip’ or ‘Free- form snip’ and select the part for which you want to take a screenshot.
- Once you have done this, you can use ‘Snipping tool’ to cut copy paste the screenshot and you can then save it on your PC.
How to screenshot by using the Game bar in Windows?
If you are looking for how to screenshot using the Game bar, visible on the Windows screen, then you can follow the step mentioned below:-
- On your keyboard, press ‘Windows key + G’.
- Now, click on the ‘Camera’ option to take a screenshot.
- You can also do it by opening the game bar, and then press ‘Windows+ Alt+ Print Screen’.
- You will see a message on the screen, notifying that the screenshot has been saved.
This is all about ‘how to screenshot on Windows’. There are some simple steps to take a screenshot in Windows, which have been already discussed in the article above. In case, you are looking for more tutorials, you can visit the ‘How to section’, available on Microsoft’s official website.
Smith is an acclaimed technical writer and his articles have appeared in a number of tech websites. His articles contribute to the latest technology, solutions to technical issues in top branded printers, and viruses, and emails. He focuses on balancing informative contents along with all technical needs. Visit@:- McAfee.com/Activate.