Since we all know that McAfee is an essential part of our digital life. Hence, it is very important to have it on our devices. There are many ways through which you can purchase a McAfee Antivirus solution. You can either buy it from the online method or you may visit the nearest retail store. If you buy the product form the retail store then you will be provided with the retail card on which the product key is printed. If you make the online purchase of the product, then you will receive the product key in the registered email id.
What is McAfee retail card?
The retail card is one that you receive at the time of buying your McAfee subscription from the retail store. The card includes a 25-digit alphanumeric product activation code which is required at the time of redeeming as well as activating your McAfee software. If you lose this card, you won’t be able to carry on the process of installing the purchased product on your device. Hence, it is necessary to handle your McAfee retail card with care.
Significance of having McAfee retail card
Whenever you purchase a product from the retail store, you are provided with the retail card. This card ensures that the purchased product is licensed as well as authentic. Despite this fact, some technical issues might create hassle in the deployment process of your McAfee product if you do not input the correct product key. In this article, you will find a detailed discussion on how to redeem your McAfee retail card. You can easily do it by either visiting the official website or at mcafee.com/activate.
If you do not redeem your retail card, then you won’t be able to enjoy the variety of features provided by the software. Without having an antivirus on your device, the performance of your PC might become sluggish and your device will not be stable anymore.
Steps to redeem the McAfee retail card
Note: After redeeming the retail card, you are required to download and install your software along with activating it via McAfee VirusScan.
- First of all, locate the link present on the retail card and go to it using your web browser.
- After this, choose your language as well as the country from the drop-down menu. (although the registration page will try to automatically detect your region, sometimes it might detect the wrong location)
- Make sure that you have selected the right location and then continue.
- Now, you have to input the activation code which is printed on your retail card.
- Additionally, you have to enter the registered email address.
- After this, click on the “Submit” option.
- Upon being prompted to check the email address, do it and tap on the “Verify” option.
- Your McAfee subscription is now successfully activated. Once you do this, you can now install your antivirus software.
Fix errors that occur while redeeming McAfee retail card
It is possible that you may encounter problems while redeeming your McAfee retail card and activating your subscription. You may come across the following two error messages. Go through them and follow the specified steps.
- While redeeming the McAfee retail card, you might see the error messages such as “Invalid product key” or the “web page does not exist”. If you see any of these, do the following
- Recheck that the registration number you are inputting is same as provided to you. If not, do it again.
- You may also try to change the URL from mcafee.com/activate to mcafee.com/activate.
- When you see the error message that reads as “We’re sorry, but we’re having technical difficulties at this time. Please try again later”, in that case, you have to do as described below:
- On the activation page, there is a “Country” box present above the registration number which you have to check for the correct input.
- Make sure that you have chosen the correct region as well as the language.
- After rechecking everything, try to redeem your card after half an hour.
Just like any other product, it is essential to have a retail card for McAfee.com/activate as well. This card is necessary to ensure the authenticity of the licensed product. Using this you can prepare your antivirus software to be ready to get installed.