There are times when you need to reset your devices to its factory settings because of several reasons. Sometimes, if you need to do it because you are facing technical difficulties and you do not know how to reset mac. There could be other reasons as well such as you are planning to sell it and do not want anybody else to get hands-on your personal files.
People who are struggling through the question of how to reset MacBook should know a few things before doing so. Restoring the mac device to its factory settings will erase all the data present in it. Therefore, first of all, you should back up your data as well as make sure that you are not losing on some important stuff.
So, without further ado, let us begin our discussion on how to reset mac or how to reset the MacBook. This tutorial will guide you in erasing everything on your Mac and restoring the device to its factory settings.
Step-by-step guide reset a mac device
- First of all, you need to plug in the adapter. This ensures that you do not run out of battery while completing the procedure.
- Ensure that it is receiving proper internet connectivity. A wired connection is preferable.
- Now, you need to tap on the Apple logo in the top left corner.
- After this, select restart from the drop-down menu.
- As soon as it restarts, press the Cmd and R keys at the same time.
- Keep holding these activities until you see the activity on your screen. This will open the macOS Recovery window.
- Enter the mac admin password when prompted.
- When the macOS utility opens, select the Disk Utility options from the list and click Continue.
- Further, you need to select the Data drive and click Edit on the menu bar.
- After this, you need to select Delete APFS Volume which is listed on the drop-down menu.
- In the new window, select Delete to confirm your action.
- Don’t click the Delete Volume Group.
- In case, there are other Data drives present on your system, you need to delete them too.
- Leave the regular Macintosh HD drive alone.
- Further, you need to select your main volume once again. This is typically Macintosh HD.
- Click on the Edit option and select Erase from the drop-down menu.
- Finally, click Erase once again and when you do so you will see a prompt for your Apple ID info.
You need to wait until the process is complete. When it’s finished, close Disk Utility. Doing this will take you to the macOS utility window. Hopefully, this tutorial on how to reset MacBook has helped you. For more information on resetting, you may navigate to the official website of Apple. Those who are still unable to reset their mac devices should repeat the procedure. Once everything is erased, ensure that you reinstall the full version of the Mac operating system. More Information Visit@:- “McAfee.com/Activate“.